No products in the cart
« All Εκπαιδευτικά προγράμματα
- This event has passed.
EUROPEAN UNION (EU) AVIATION LAW (Classroom, 3 days)
Gain up-to-date knowledge of the particularities, requirements and challenges faced by airlines operating to, from or within the European Union (EU). Demonstrate sound knowledge of the aviation context of the EU and its Single Aviation Market. Respond to issues related to passenger protection, data protection and the EU Emission Trading Scheme.
- This classroom course provides 3 days (24 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment
- Participants should have at least 3 years of experience in their area of expertise.
- Recommended level is Intermediate and Advanced
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
What you will learn
Upon completing this course, you will be able to:
- Respond to the unique challenges and regulatory requirements in the EU
- Prepare for the inauguration or expansion of service to and from the EU
- Summarize the concept that makes the EU Single Aviation Market
- Define the legal framework in the EU relevant to aviation and passengers
- Apply the EU Emission Trading System (ETS)
- EU Air and Aviation Law in the international context
- EU single aviation market
- The third package and liberalization
- Operating license requirements
- Ground handling
- Slot allocation
- Passenger protection
- Denied boarding, cancellation, delay
- Passengers with reduced mobility
- Information on operating carrier and “blacklist”
- Package travel
- Data protection
- The Emission Trade Scheme (ETS)
- Review key court decisions, laws and regulations
- Practical exercises
- Case simulations
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Aviation Lawyers
- Government Officials
- Representatives of international organizations
- Lawyers working in private practice, including law firms, insurance and the manufacturing industry
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
*The educational programs of TÜV AUSTRIA ACADEMY are exempt from VAT, according to Law 2859/2000, article 22 par. 1