No products in the cart
- This event has passed.
CRISIS COMMUNICATIONS AND MEDIA RESPONSE FOR AIRPORT AND STATION MANAGERS (Classroom, 2 days)
Are your local staff and representatives prepared to speak to the media at a time of crisis? Learn how to handle media response in an emergency situation from its onset, before the corporate media response team takes over. Gain communication skills to provide adequate and structured information to the media, while avoiding common errors that lead to confusion and negative attention.
- This classroom course provides 2 days (16 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment
- Participants should have clear understanding of emergency response and airline business
- Recommended level is Intermediate
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
What you will learn
Upon completing this course, you will be able to:
- Recognize common media pressure points and the implications these have on a response
- Present information without room for misinterpretation
- Take control during interviews and develop key messages
- Select the right spokesperson in a crisis situation
- Protect your company’s image and brand when handling a crisis situation
- Emergency Response Planning key factors
- Stakeholder objectives during a crisis
- Informal press briefings
- Social media management and response
- How to say “no” to an interview and during an interview
- Practical guidelines for interaction with the media
- On-camera interview to practice recorded and ‟live‟ press briefings skills.
- Performance evaluation is provided with strengths and areas for improvement.
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Airline Station Managers and Country Managers
- Ground Handling Managers and Supervisors
- Airport Authorities
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
*The educational programs of TÜV AUSTRIA ACADEMY are exempt from VAT, according to Law 2859/2000, article 22 par. 1