No products in the cart
- This event has passed.
CORSIA, Technical Aviation Knowledge for Verifiers (Classroom, 4 days)
TÜV AUSTRIA ACADEMY (Greek office), the leading educational arm of TÜV AUSTRIA, is announcing a new partnership with IATA (International Air Transport Association), thus becoming Regional Training Partner (RTP). This collaboration contributes to the further development of Greece, as an international high-level education center, through training courses that are addressed to the global marketplace.
In the context of the continuous upgrading of its educational services and the development of courses that are being planned and carried out consistently, TÜV AUSTRIA ACADEMY (Greek office), generating value for the aviation business industry, will carry out the following training course:
Learn the aviation-specific knowledge that you will need to become an accredited verifier for ICAO’s Carbon Offsetting and Reduction Scheme for International Aviation (CORSIA). For CORSIA, verifiers must be accredited to ISO 14065:2013 and demonstrate additional CORSIA-specific technical competencies.
Over 4 days (32 hours) you will gain aviation-specific competencies that you will need to verify emissions reports under CORSIA to identify potential misstatements and non-conformities, as well as learn the requirements under Annex 16, volume IV, of the Chicago Convention; general technical processes in the field of civil aviation; aviation fuels and related processes; fuel use monitoring and measurement devices and procedures; and data management systems and controls.
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Explain verification requirements in CORSIA
- Assess the scope and complexity of a verification
- Assess the risks related to the monitoring of fuel data and prepare a verification plan
- Identify key information to verify an operator’s emissions report
- CORSIA fuel monitoring requirements
- CORSIA verification requirements
- Fuel measurement equipment and procedures
- Data collection processes and software
- CORSIA Case studies
- In-classroom exercises
- Environmental specialists
- No prerequisites are needed, but experience in verification is preferable
- Day 1 – CORSIA requirements
- MRV requirements under CORSIA
- Objectives and steps in the verification process under CORSIA
- Day 2 – Scope and complexity
- Carbon markets
- Emissions monitoring plans
- Operating environment of airlines
- Day 3 – Fuel monitoring
- Aviation fuels
- Flight planning and operational management systems
- Fuel measurement devices and related procedures
- Data communication systems
- Day 4 – Data quality
- Data collection processes and data quality management
- Procedures to cross-check data and assess materiality
- Final Exam
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
For more information, please visit the following website:
The training procedure, the training material and the performance assessment will be in English language.
To ensure your participation, a 50% down payment of the whole amount is demanded, at least 28 days before the first day of the training course. After deposing the down payment, your participation is considered valid. You can cancel your participation by a formal statement, 21 days – the latest – before the first day of the course. In case you have not inform us about your cancellation, the down payment will be held by TÜV AUSTRIA ACADEMY.
All training courses delivered by TÜV AUSTRIA ACADEMY, can only take place when the required number of participants is present. Confirmation or cancellation of IATA seminars takes place twenty one (21) days prior to their commencement. TÜV AUSTRIA ACADEMY reserves the right to postpone, change lecturers and venue, as well as to cancel educational programs.
*The educational programs of TÜV AUSTRIA ACADEMY are exempt from VAT, according to Law 2859/2000, article 22 par. 1