No products in the cart
« All Εκπαιδευτικά προγράμματα
- This event has passed.
CARGO CLAIMS AND COMPLAINT HANDLING (Classroom, 2 days)
Handling claims in air cargo involves the application of a strict documentary process in line with the specific legal frameworks applicable. A correct claims process will lead to the proper settlement of claims mitigating potential frustration of any stakeholder involved.
This course will provide you with the knowledge of the current crucial legal aspects of carriage of cargo by air for all industry stakeholders who are concerned with effective cargo claims handling and loss prevention.
- This classroom course provides 2 days (16 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment
- Participants should have prior knowledge of air cargo procedures
- Recommended level is Intermediate
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
What you will learn
Upon completing this course, you will be able to:
- Identify legal instruments in the air cargo industry
- Process cargo claims
- Create more effective and efficient claims
- Identify obligations and the right of a claimant
- The nature, sources and principles of legal framework in air cargo industry
- The 1929 Warsaw Convention
- The 1955 Hague Protocol
- The 1975 Montreal Protocol
- The 1999 Montreal Convention
- General conditions of carriage
- Conditions of contract
- Obligation and right of the shipper/consignee/claimant
- Cargo claims handling procedures, awareness and prevention
- Analysis of court report
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Airlines and freight forwarders insurance manager and legal counsel
- Airlines and freight forwarders claims managers
- Claims process personnel
- Aviation lawyers
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
*The educational programs of TÜV AUSTRIA ACADEMY are exempt from VAT, according to Law 2859/2000, article 22 par. 1