No products in the cart
- This event has passed.
AIRLINE LEADING PRACTICES AND COST REDUCTION STRATEGIES (Classroom, 5 days)
Learn why airlines are launching multi-brand products to compete more cost-effectively in the marketplace. Over 5 days you will review successful airline leading revenue practices and a number of airline business models including Low Cost (short haul and transatlantic), Ultra Low Cost, Hybrid, Long Haul Low Cost and network carriers.
You will also learn how to contain specific airline costs by reviewing a number of airline strategic cost-cutting plans and incorporating necessary mechanisms and procedures to maintain a viable cost reduction program. Through case studies and real-life airline examples, learn how to maximize revenues through strategic segmentation, monetizing key units and products, among others in order to optimize profitability and returns.
- This classroom course provides 5 days (40 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment
- There are no prerequisites for this course
- Recommended level is Intermediate and Advanced
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
What you will learn
Upon completing this course, you will be able to:
- Describe the models and strategies successful airlines use to compete in the market
- Analyze the cost management, revenue generation strategies, and competitive techniques that have succeeded in today’s marketplace
- Determine the impact of global economics on your airlines cost base
- Compare the Ultra-Low Cost, Low Cost and Hybrid carrier business models, their strengths and weaknesses
- Summarize the latest technologies airlines are using to lower costs, while simultaneously raising revenues
- Leverage cost management techniques used at world class airlines to formulate strategies for your airline
- Global Airline Industry Overview
- Airline Economics
- Airline Business Model
- Successful Airline leading practices
- Revenue Management and Cost Strategies
- Customer Propositions: Competing by differentiation and brand leverage
- Changing-The-Model Versus Starting-From-Scratch: Experiences and lessons learned
*The educational programs of TÜV AUSTRIA ACADEMY are exempt from VAT, according to Law 2859/2000, article 22 par. 1