No products in the cart
- This event has passed.
AIRLINE CONTRACT LAW (Classroom, 4 days)
Gain a good understanding of typical airline contracts and their effects on airline operations. Understand the differences between the two main legal systems – Civil Law and Common Law and their different approaches to contract drafting. Practice and develop good drafting skills and become familiar with some of the most common contract clauses, risk areas and mitigation tools.
- This classroom course provides 4 days (32 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment
- Participants should have at least 3 years of experience in their area of expertise.
- Recommended level is Intermediate and Advanced
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
What you will learn
Upon completing this course, you will be able to:
- Identify the characteristics of the Common Law Legal System and the Civil Law Legal system
- Demonstrate sound knowledge of the basics of contract law and good drafting practices
- Describe and practice typical contract clauses
- Review, analyse and understand the concepts of the most common airline related agreements
- Demonstrate sound risk awareness and efficient handling of legal risk allocation tools
- Context of International Air Law
- Procurement, contract process and drafting
- Risk allocation (liability, indemnity, warranties, etc.)
- Airline conditions of carriage
- Marketing and distribution
- Interline agreements
- Codeshare agreements
- Maintenance and catering agreements
- Jet fuel purchase agreements
- Ground handling agreements
- Dry, wet and damp leases
- Charter agreements
- Blocked space agreements
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Airline in-house counsel
- Aviation lawyers in private practice
- Professional Airline Managers
- Airport and other aviation professionals who deal with airline contractual issues
- Legal professionals who want more knowledge in the fields of aviation and airlines
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
*The educational programs of TÜV AUSTRIA ACADEMY are exempt from VAT, according to Law 2859/2000, article 22 par. 1